starkeyhollow

Thursday, April 26, 2012

My artistic endeavor and its consequences                                                                                                                                                                                                      

At 5 pm last night, I decided to paint the clothes line poles in my back yard.
They had faded to an unrecognizable color and I thought that perhaps "midnight black" might be a more environmentally friendly color.
This was an impulsive decision on my part, with absolutely no plan or forethought.
Not the first time I have bull dozed into a project without thinking it through- and probably not the last!  
The Home Depot service rep suggested a "roller brush" to apply the paint with the most efficiency and ease.   It would soon become clear that he was not the final authority on "Painting 101".

Nonetheless, I purchased the complete roller package, paint and clothes lines (in cheerful shades of lime green, cobalt blue and electric purple) and headed home to begin my home improvements.
Below you see just one of the results that I am willing to photograph!
My hair was already speckled with "natural"  golden highlights before I began...add a little black to the mix.
My Uggs are now splattered into retirement.  My shirt and jeans are in the garbage bin and the grass around the poles appears as if a major brush fire swept through the area.



To top it off, it began to rain within hours of the final coat of paint.
Today it continues to pour and the clothes line holes
 are all clogged with sticky goo. 
 I should have purchased an umbrella to shield myself from
the resulting "black rain"!!  
 Next time I will dial 1-800-HELP ME 

5 comments:

  1. I'm trying to think of something positive about this...let's see..Ok, how about the fact that I love the color of your clothes lines? Very cool. Too bad they won't get used, but very cool! This is way funny although I'm sure you're not laughing. I think you should take this post to the Home Depot dude and show him how it all turned out. (they love when people do this). My sister just did a Home Depot project. She installed California Closet organizers in her bedroom closet. Measured it all out and when she went to get started she realized she forgot the fact that the ceilings were slanted...she finally got to use the circular saw she got for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funnyncomment Yaya...I too have slanted closet ceilings and didn't consider that when I put shelves in that fit one LP!). Judi, impulsive...noooop! Love that you still get excited and eager about things! I'm sure your black hand and my blue feet would be a nice pair.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no. This does not sound good.
    But it does sound kinda funny.
    sorry

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, don't worry Kathy...they WILL get used! I will tie them around the middle of the "T" ! (Ha ha) And actually I laughed myself. My talents at home improvement are legendary! I bring down the value of my home every time I pick up a hammer or roll of decorative duct tape!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are SOOOOOO funny!! Thanks for keeping me laughing!!!

    ReplyDelete