starkeyhollow

Saturday, April 7, 2012

"Guess who's coming to dinner?!"

I just found out yesterday that I will be hosting our annual Easter celebration!
Not to worry, as my brother "the chef" is coming from Washington, DC.

He is executive Chef at the Convention center and will manage things from a cooking perspective.
All I have to do is CLEAN!!!
My sister Lois promises she will assist with the challenge of  making my house "company worthy".
As they say, "It takes a village..."
Oh, yeah, and you'll never guess what they asked me to bring:  deviled eggs!!
How ironic given my recent fiasco.

I did since purchase "Eggies" ("no more messy peeling, hard boil eggs without shells") and am hoping for more success.
Yes, I will stand post this time.
The menu includes short ribs, Cornish hens and roasted duck.
(What, no honey baked ham?)
Danny tends to favor an exotic, rather gourmet approach to meal planning.
Stay tuned for further developments.

7 comments:

  1. Boy, you are going to have some fun. And some great eats, too!

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope so!! I decided to surprise my sister and clean the house before she came. She surprised me by not
    noticing! :-) (Double your pleasure, double your fun)
    My cleaning skills are right up there with my cooking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sound fun...I am jealous! We have Sonrise service on the beach, always so beautiful....but early! Love to all. I'll call ya tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. With Danny cooking....could I please have an invite?? Should be fabulous!!! Really, I AM happy with honey baked ham!! It would be fun to be there just because your family is so much fun to be with!! P.S. Thanks all your sisters for all their recent cards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, that was fun! Let's do it again! :) Always special for us to reunite on the Lutheran holidays :D
    ...still, never quite the same without mom and dad :.(

    (Love you choice of music Judi..."Somewhere over the rainbow..." another familly classic

    Special thanks to my sous chef Blaze. Nice knive work. very detailed and precise!.

    Oh geez Judi - "In my life"? Your getting me sentimental again :/! Who is that singing so sweetly?

    So what's our next family gathering? Thxgiving? Remember mom used to always spell thanks like thx? I have been doing that ever since I was old enough to say thx, and mean it...

    Thanks again for hosting and, of course, all the family contributions that always make it special...

    ReplyDelete
  6. กำถั่วออนไลน์,I wanted to read your first article.Very Impressive.Great read. Love this site so I went back to post 1 to check it out.

    ReplyDelete