starkeyhollow

Friday, March 30, 2012

"Wii (not so) fit"- pun intended

Sadly, that is not my "before" picture!
But I hope to look like that again some day after I complete my exercise program.
old photo- I would say circa 1990's and yes, "Judi Fonda" I was not!
I used to be called  a "long, tall drink of water" and actually had to resort to high calorie milkshakes to gain weight - long ago and far away.
Now my  weight loss goal  is measured not in pounds but categories.
I strive to be simply "overweight"
as opposed to my present "obese" or  the dreaded "very obese".
It is going to take years and many BMI points to get back to "normal" again.
What happened to kinder terms such as "chubby or pleasantly plump"? 
And why not use more positive synonyms such as "blossoming,  ample, comfy, delectable, generous, sumptuous or robust" to motivate one towards change? 
I began the Wii program last month and find the animated personal trainer annoying and condescending.
Each time I step on the balance board, he gives a  groan of disapproval.
When I attempt my balance test, he further insults me with questions such as "Do you find yourself tripping a lot?"  
And yes, people do tend to mutter "Timber" behind my back.
A heartfelt warning or merely a mocking gesture?
Either way, I seriously consider the pros and cons of  a medical alert system ("I've fallen and I can't get up").
Stay tuned for further progress updates .
With a little luck, you may be seeing less of me.

5 comments:

  1. Good luck. I'm trying to take off a few pounds myself!

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahahaha! You ALWAYS make me laugh!! Thanks for that today!! You are such a hoot.
    As for the diet thing....at least you are DOING something about it! Neat. I am trying too so we can try together....where's the lettuce? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a babe! And you gave me a good laugh today! I'm trying my darndest to shed some "too much YaYa" and I've given myself a year...I'm hoping to shed 60lbs by the time I'm 60. My luck I'll be 60x60 and it will be all inches! Hey, there are a few bras still hanging in the breakroom for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. note to self: white tights do NOT tend to promote a slimming effect on thunder thighs!

      Delete
  4. Love your blog. Especially Donna tribute. She is sure an inspiration to all!

    ReplyDelete