starkeyhollow

Saturday, March 24, 2012

"Good friends are like fine Wine"

 "Over the years I have come to realize good friends are much like fine wine. They age well over time, and their company is to be savored, a bit at a time. And the older the relationship, the more mellow and full of flavor it becomes."   


I drove down to southern Ohio (Ashland) this past Tuesday to  celebrate the 62nd birthday of my oldest friend Cindy.
We first met  at Lakewood Lutheran school way back in 1963.
We were 8th graders on the very threshold of adolescence. Together we shared all the milestones and adventures that make up that special world.
Donna hosted the event with her usual style and grace.  Her home should be in "Better Homes and Gardens". Actually, I think it has been on the home tour more than once.  
The beauty of the weather allowed us to dine outside on her lovely patio.  
We ate home made pizza, cheesy dips and the most gorgeous salad I have every seen. 
And saving the best for last,  the cake was the perfect ending to a perfect day!!


However, our gathering was made bitter sweet by an unexpected  announcement.
Donna shared that she was about to begin the "journey of her lifetime".
She had just learned of events that  would threaten her health and well being. 

Please pray for her to receive the strength of body, mind and soul to get through this as gently and safely as possible. 
She has the love and support of many friends and family and deserves the best outcome. 
Donna has always been the "giver" in all her relationships and it is about time she lets us show her some of that same love and attention.

4 comments:

  1. Donna is the greatest and I don't know what I would do without her at work. Nice tribute to her. You've known her longer than I have but she's an easy person to love. I'll be with her and all her friends in prayer and in deed. (doing good ones for her!) I like your blog and want to welcome you into the blog world. I've found some really interesting and also some really good people here. I hope you do too. It's a great way to record your life. I'll be your second follower!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind and generous words. I look forward to viewing your blog as well. I agree, it seems a great way to get down "the stories of your life" so that they aren't forgotten with Time.
      Thanks again and I will try not to disappoint!

      Delete
  2. Donna and Yaya are two of my favorite bloggers, so I will become your third follower and look forward to getting to know you better.

    And Donna is very much in my thoughts today.

    =)

    ReplyDelete