starkeyhollow

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Giddy Up Cowpoke

Me and my trusty steed
Last week I went horseback riding with my friend Faith, four of her seven kids and 18 of their 69 cousins.
Yes, they even outsize the Kucera clan!

Each member of the Lanshe family has a minimum of five kids.

We only average1.2 offspring per sibling. (I guess I didn't contribute my fair share)

Embarrassed by my size and feeling too guilty
to put the horse through that much discomfort, Faith and I sat out the riding experience that day.
(Al tho the cowboys assured me they had a mixed draft horse that could easily accommodate me.)
Might as well bring me a Clydesdale!!!


Ironically, the name of the place was Faith Ranch!
these boots were made for walkin'
here comes dinner!


Located in south eastern Ohio (Jewett), it was just an hour and twenty minutes drive through sceneic backroads and country lanes.

With all of the hustle and bustle of city living, take a moment to step away from it all and experience the peace and tranquility to be found at Faith Ranch
Faith Ranch blends the best of people with the best of nature to paint that clear picture of the wonders of God, oh yeah and you get to ride horses as a bonus.
 I was impressed that all the staff were patient and considerate of both the rider and the horse.  So lay back and unhurried, they took extra steps to optimize everyone's ranch experience.
They even had special mounting decks to easily get on and off the horses.
With arthritis and weak wrists and increased weight concerns, this is definitely something I will appreciate and take advantage of next time.
Also their rates are very reasonable ($20 per hour). They even have overnight accommodations with perks like campfires, hayrides, barn dances and real cowboy chow!
And so, as the sun sets in the West, I will borrow words from Roy Rogers and end with "Happy Trails to you... until we meet again!"
instructional tutorial
petting zoo
mini horses
7,000 private acres to explore

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tip of a new place to take kiddos! I won't humiliate myself by trying to ride. I remember when we were in Colorado some years ago and went horseback riding and they wouldn't let my brother ride because they said he was too heavy..and believe me he wasn't that big. He was so embarrassed and I was afraid to even ask for a horse after that...I think I said I "pulled a hammy" and needed to sit out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun day it looks like you had!! You should have gone riding though....that would really have been blog worthy!! Looks like a neat place.

    ReplyDelete