starkeyhollow

Monday, July 30, 2012

Happy Birthday 

Yes, this is becoming a never ending "birthday blog".
With ten siblings,  I am afraid I've only just begun!

Beth is the baby in our family.  We saved the best for last!
By the time she came along, the excitement and novelty of capturing  and  preserving the many milestones in a baby's life was long extinguished.  (Been there, done that...)
Video cameras were not yet invented and our old vintage 8mm movie camera was out of order.
Sadly, there are precious few photographs and even less film archives to validate my sister's early years.
Even my Dad's infamous audio tapes were no longer being recorded.
Sorry, little sister.
If it's any consolation, you can always view  the miles and miles of tape documenting every moment of my childhood :-)

Beth Ann was born on August 1, 1963.  (Every female in our family was given the middle name of "Ann", including all of our dogs!)

This was a year marked by two other events that would abruptly end  my age of innocence: the assassination of  President Kennedy and the sudden loss of my beloved Grandma.  It was also the year I got my period!

I was thirteen years old and still lived in a fantasy world of make believe.  Heck, I still played with baby dolls and the worst thing I had experienced up until then was the death of Bambi's mother in a Disney cartoon.

The birth of my last baby sister was the only joyful event of the year.

So, "Happy Birthday, Beth".
At 49 years of age, you are the last of the Kucera siblings to enjoy the under 50 status!!!
Just one more birthday and you will be oldies but goodies like us...
God bless you and grant you health and happiness for all the days of your life.

The Davis Family

Beth meaning and name origin

Beth \b(e)-th\ as a girl's name is pronounced beth. It is of Hebrew origin, and the meaning of Beth is "house". Short form of Elizabeth (Hebrew) "God's promise", Bethel and Bethany. Not used before the 19th centuryLiterary: Louisa May Alcott gave the name to the sweetgentleand most beloved of the four daughters in "Little Women".

If You Were Born Today, August 1:
Famous people born today: Yves Saint-Laurent, Dom DeLuise, Jerry Garcia, and Sam Mendes. 
Back in 1963, Coolio was also born on this day!!

Early 70's
Your Birthday Year Forecast:
Your birthday this year occurs shortly after a New Moon, suggesting a time of new beginnings and fresh energy. You are instinctively starting a new phase in your life. It's time to give your life a makeover and to branch out into the untried.
Care should be taken when it comes to expressing yourself this year, as the chance of misunderstandings runs high. Fuzzy thinking or glossing over important details should be watched for. Nevertheless, you are eager to put some of your ideas into action this year.

And now some sister quotes:

Having a sister is like having a best friend you can't get rid of.  You know whatever you do, they'll still be there.  ~Amy Li


Big sisters are the crab grass in the lawn of life.  ~Charles M. Schulz


If you don't understand how a woman could both love her sister dearly and want to wring her neck at the same time, then you were probably an only child.  ~Linda Sunshine



The original Fab Five



3 comments:

  1. What a great group of sisters. I have three of my own, and I have to agree that sisters are the best thing ever!

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Judi for keeping the memories alive! We were the fab five weren't we! I love the "Beth" song! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Beth!! Judi certainly does a nice job of remembrance for you...huh? The pics are neat and BTW....I think I remember you at those young-age pics!!!

    ReplyDelete