starkeyhollow

Thursday, June 28, 2012


The Sound of Key West

Roses in vases
And boys with sweet faces
Cooking me breakfast
And driving us places
Conch trains, the white house and butterflies, too
These are a few of the things that we do
Inside and Pool side
We munch appetizers
Restaurants and cool haunts
You’re great tour advisers!
Egg bakes and pan cakes
And great key lime pies
Even sunglasses to help 
shade my eyes

When the bugs bite
When the sun’s hot
When the dog gets mad
Key West Style Photo - Key West, Florida
I simply remember my favorite things
And  then I don’t feel so bad!
--------
Flowers, warm showers
and watching a movie
sleeping  at night in a
bedroom so groovy
Key deer and Nature
And Mallory Square
Drinking  together
How much we don’t care.
Playing piano and video dancing
Cat tricks and dog licks
and drag queens all prancing
Religious discussions and
Greek lessons, too
These are my favorite things that we do.

When the day's done
When we end fun
and we have to go
I simply remember my favorite things
and then I don't mind it so.

Amazing sunset in Key West Photo - Key West, Florida

 Key West  2010
*with apologies to Rodgers and Hammerstein
This is a poem I composed to thank Laurie and her family for allowing me to stay with them.
They provided  round the clock services worthy of a five star resort!

5 comments:

  1. I need more friends or better relatives that live in fun places to visit...that looked beautiful and the poem is blog worthy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute poem. I'll bet they loved getting it!

    =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes we did! Hangs in a frame! Easy to be good hosts with great guests!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved that poem too but going to Lauries HAD to be wonderful inspiration! It looks like heaven! I envy all you sisters and how close you are AND in such fun locales! The last post looked like fun too! Yeah for Laurie and Mitch for spending time with family! (and for you for writing about it!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete