starkeyhollow

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Renovations



Before and after pictures of my new Pergo flooring in the kitchen:
I replaced the vinyl that was "okay" when I moved in eleven years ago, but is now sadly outdated.
You could see every modicum of dust and dirt with your eyes closed!

The color white just accentuates chocolate lab dog hair.
Even the "cleaning machine" Lois could no longer restore the original shine and luster.
 Rather embarrassing to have four workmen up close and personal on their hands and knees crawling about my gross floor.  I can't begin to describe the horrors that awaited them beneath my stove.




Suffice to say, I believe I experienced more than my fair share of spillage throughout my cooking career.  Yikes!!!
And there was at least a month's worth of prescription drugs that had fallen under the refrigerator.

Poor Madison is more than a little confused by the metamorphosis.  She is "slip, sliding away" like an Olympic skating champion.  I expect a triple lutz at any moment.
Guess I will have to invest in some throw rugs!

5 comments:

  1. Looks so nice and fresh and updated! Good job! Maybe the dog needs socks with grippers on the bottom! Most workers have seen yucky under-the-appliance gunk in their work lives. Personally, I've seen scarier views of workman's low riding work pants back ends...if you get my drift, than any gunk under appliances!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yaya is so witty! It looks beautiful Judi. We will redo our existing wood as I get splinters all the time. Will keep it whitewashed which really helps hide Emma's blonde hair. You will need a long rug down the center. Poor Maddie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a feeling those workers are used to those horrors underneath the stove. I mean, who cleans underneath a stove??

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahahaha!! Between you and Kathy, you keep me laughing all the time!!! She's right...the workers pants are worse than anything under it all. I always fret about that too.

    The floors are just GORGEOUS!!! Really look nice! You will appreciate it so much. I always feel good about updates to the house. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very very nice!! I'm pretty sure I contributed to that spillage - lol..."modicum"? that's a new word for me - sounds gross :P
    Maddie will get used to it?
    It is gourgeous and much needed, especially after learning of 11 years of abuse...You go LO Lo!!! Nice paint job :)

    ReplyDelete