starkeyhollow

Friday, November 2, 2012

People shop for a bathing suit with more care than they do a husband or wife. The rules are the same. Look for something you'll feel comfortable wearing. Allow for room to grow.   Erma Bombeck

















Big Girl Suits

an original poem by me!

Three new bathing suits
lying on my bed
I had to buy a bigger size
Back in the 70's
because I'm overfed.

I pulled the waists together
to make them look so tiny
but do not fear or mock me, dear,
they'll stretch to fit my hiney!

I got them cheap, so do not weep
an end of season sale
Al tho despite the "black and white"
doth make me look a whale!

But one day soon, perhaps by June,
my bathing suits will be
since I'll be trim, thanks to my gym
a distant memory.


1 comment:

  1. Great poem! Super pic...I have a similar one from the 70s! I even have one of me in a bikini at 4mo preggo. Talk about a distant memory! You always make me smile!

    ReplyDelete