starkeyhollow

Monday, September 24, 2012

They say it's your birthday

Well, it's my birthday too yeah  
They say it's your birthdayWe're gonna have a good timeI'm glad it's your birthdayHappy birthday to you
-   The Beatles



September 25th will be the BIG 60 for my twin brothers David and Mark.
I am quite sure this is a traumatic number for them and I send my condolences along with my birthday congratulations:-)   

Appropriate song for a birthday shared by twins!

There are two things in life for which we are never truly prepared:  twins.  ~Josh Billings

My parents were not expecting two babies and they truly were surprised and a bit overwhelmed with the news!  
In those prehistoric days of yore, ultrasounds and other diagnostic tools were years away. 
Multiple births were a rarity. Back then, In Vitro and other fertility interventions were not commonplace.
Having twins during the early Baby Boomer era was comparable to today's "Octomoms" with their ever increasing litters!
Mark was not able to be delivered for some time after David had emerged because they gave my mother too much anesthesia, not knowing there was a bonus baby on board.
He was sleeping it off and they had to wait three hours til he awoke and could begin his arduous journey down the birth canal.
My mom was so caught unawares that she could not come up with middle names for her two newborns. (They are my only Sib's with no middle names.)
I was not impressed!
bedtime prayers

Boys, boys.... it is just a number!

For all the advances in medicine, there is still no cure for the common birthday.
John Glenn

It could be worse.  Christopher Reeves was also born on September 25th, 1952.  And Patrick Swayze was born that same year.  I am sure they would be more than thrilled to be celebrating their 60th birthdays. Kinda puts it in perspective, does it not?
You share your great year 1952 with many other celebrities, among them:
Mr. T, Pee Wee Herman, Roseanne, John Goodman, Paul Stanley, John Tesh, David Hastelhoff, Dan Akroyd, Micky Rourke, Neal Pert, and Liam Neeson.  You are in good company!!!

Quotes to ease the pain:

George Carlin
I'm sixty years of age. That's 16 Celsius.

Maurice Chevalier
Old age isn't so bad when you consider the alternative.

Bernard Baruch
To me old age is always fifteen years older than I am.

William Butler Yeats
From our birthday, until we die, is but the winking of an eye.

Joan Rivers
Looking fifty is great… if you're sixty.

Mark Twain
When I was younger, I could remember anything, whether it happened or not.


I may be a twin but I'm one of a kind.  ~Author Unknown
That would certainly define David!  Since high school days, he has gone by Buddah or Bude. 
And yes, "one of a kind" is a nice way of describing him.  
He is a musician at heart.  He has a lovely voice and plays guitar.  Actually, I believe he owns more guitars than Elvis had in his prime! 
He is married to Cheryl and they have a son, Brenton.







"Just because two people look the same, doesn't mean they have the same dreams."

Mark is more into artistic endeavors.  He is a talented painter and utilizes experience from his trade (welder) to craft beautiful works of art.  He is married to his bride of three years, Jocy.


Twin one, twin too!  ~Author Unknown


For 59 years and counting, David and Mark have lived their lives within a few miles of each other. They presently reside in North Olmsted, Ohio.


Here are some words of wisdom (not mine) that may help you accept your age with more grace and dignity:

A 60th birthday is a wonderful occasion. You have crossed several milestones, but life just keeps looking for more challenges. Enjoy the bliss of sixty; enjoy the fruits of your labor. Surround yourself with your children and grandchildren, and tell them tales of the yesteryears. Relive the magical moments of life even while you look forward to new experiences. It's great to be sixty!
Mark, David and Danny

6 comments:

  1. Well, Well, Happy, Happy, Birthday, Birthday to your twin Bros! I love all the "60isms"..I'll be using them in Feb.2013..just around the corner... but don't remind me. They sound like great guys. I love the pic of you looking at them as babies..classic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kathy. I look forward to your upcoming birthday. I have a lot of 60's material to share:-)
      And yes, I was less than pleased to be replaced by not one, but TWO babies!!
      And then there were seven more to come. Talk about "middle child syndrome" to the extreme!

      Delete
  2. Two much!! Twice again, oldest sister Judi, you hit a double capturing our twin brothers finer attributes. Nice tribute, second to none. Ok, enough duplexities, although they are quite the duet!

    Funny, how I never contemplated the fact that they have no middle names. At least I don't remember giving it any thought. Must be me and my memory approaching that horror-endous number myself! Even though all us Kucera's proclaimed "It's just a number. You're only as old as you feel". I think we'll have to modify that to "You're only as old as you act". In which case we are all still kids...on Madison Ave. never going to grow up...old yes, up never...

    They sure have come a long way! Well, actually, not that far from Lakewood to North Olmsted. Yet a life long statement to how really close they are. Musically, artistically, talented humanitarians who shared so much more than our dear mama's womb, with 60 years of living to show for it.

    Congratulations boys!! May you share and enjoy 60 more!! Well, 40 anyway...hey, remember when we concidered 40 over the hill?...

    So lift up your wine glasses, smoke a cigar and rejoice! You have both achieved a major milestone in life. But let's never forget, "A wise man knows when to stop."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny Danny. Judi, very sweet. You sure have a talent. I dont know how I am going to even attempt your tribute. Maybe borrow Danny who is second in writing skills. I loved the song choices too. I have a suggestion for one....call me later! JK JK (just kidding judi kucera)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
    2. Thx Laurie. Judi's a tough act to follow. Sooo, I can go now...for the 5th time I'll be rejoining "The Florida Bunch"...I'm just a rambling gambling man...On the road again...

      Delete