starkeyhollow

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

"I remember Mama"

                                                                                                                                                                My beautiful mother was born on June 3, 1924.  
If she had lived, Mom would have celebrated her 88th birthday this Sunday.  
She died in October of 2009 from complications of Diabetes and kidney failure.  
There isn't a day that goes by that I don't miss her presence in my life. She left a void that will never be filled.
 Oh, how I wish I could hold her hands in mine once again.






My mom and dad during their dating years (1940's)  
Their good friends the Yiedi's are the couple in the middle of photo- don't they all look like glamorous movie stars?!



Here's to you, Mom.  
Thank you for being the best mother ten kids could ever have had!

We were truly blessed.

You raised us up to become the successful independent adults that we are today... yet you never stopped "mothering" us.


Your love lives on in our hearts and will never fade with time.

4 comments:

  1. (Me,pointing to heart)....ouch! Beautiful. Miss her dearly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such sweet words about your mom. Thanks for sharing her with us.

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did comment earlier but it's not here...hmmm..sometimes I hate blogger. Oh well, I'll give it a go. I've heard many fun stories about your family and your Mom from Donna and I think this tribute is so sweet. She certainly was a cutie and your smile looks like hers! I can just imagine how much you must miss her. I bet she's smiling down on you for these lovely thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Home Sweet Home - Mom made it just that for us 10 PK's...and she truely was our anchor and matriarch -in the most loving sense of the word...always there for us; caring and nurturing...we "kids" are who we are, in so many ways, because of her influence and mothering. Thx MOM! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete