starkeyhollow

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Good bye, my love

I did a blog in memory of Madison, my beloved chocolate lab.  She passed away on January 25th.  The blog has since "disappeared"?!  Therefore, I will re publish some of my photos to honor her memory.
"I will always love you..."

Madison's ashes
oh, how she loved her toys
as close as she got to a lake






Harvey's pic of Madison her last year with me
she made me laugh

she made me cry
sleep in heavenly peace

A poem that Laurie sent me:

Four Feet In Heaven
Your favorite chair is vacant now
no softly padded paws to run
ecstatically at me
no coaxing rubs, no plaintive cry
will say it's time for feeding
I've put away your bowl
And all the things you won't be needing
But I will miss you, little friend
For I could never measure
The happiness you brought to me
The comfort and the pleasure
and since God put you here to share
In earthly joy and sorrow
I'm sure there'll be a place for you
in heaven's bright tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Maddie...your momma who took such good care of you, - sure does miss you.

    Beautiful post dear friend. I feel your pain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful. I miss her but what a lucky dog to have had you as her mom! The memories and pictures are yours forever!

    ReplyDelete